Thursday, October 7, 2010

Migraine

I have gotten myself tangled up into some kind of "Mission Statement" post from which I can't get disentangled. I think it is an attempt to fit too many blog posts into one. So I think I am going to keep my Magnum Opus in draft form for a while, and let it steep before I go back to it. And yes, I still have to finish the Lush, makeup, etc. post, because I actually do have pictures and ideas for that.

One thing that has been cutting into my blogging, both in terms of pain-free time, and in terms of being able to think clearly for long periods, is a series of migraines I have had over the last week. It has totally screwed with my sleep, and I am just not a happy camper. But behind the scenes, I was still taking pictures of what I wore.

On Monday, I was still recovering from the migraine that went Saturday and Sunday. But I needed to run over to Lucky to get my DH some medication, and a grocery or two. This is a red velour tunic, with gold detailing around the neck, and my pair of Coldcreek jeans again. I am just wearing my same Navajo inlay pendant, and no earrings, I wasn't feeling too good. No makeup for sure. Oh, and I was wearing black slip-on "penny loafers. The little purse is from It's a Girl Thing, made by one of her few craft consignment people (she usually does just regular consignment). It's really cute, but kind of fragile, I have already sewn a sequin and a shell back on. But I would thrash it whether it is a $20 or a $2000 handbag (and I could easily get $2000 handbags from this place). I do have one expensive purse, that I used to use, until my mother yelled at me because didn't I realize what a nice purse that was? I was going to ruin it. Because why buy something nice, if not to wrap it carefully, and put it away someplace where you will never see it again?



Monday night, I didn't really sleep. It sucked. So by the time it was 9 or 10, I figured I might as well go do something, which usually means "goodwill hunting." Believe me, if you have not done this, this is a cheap hobby. I keep dithering over how much I am buying, and DH keeps trying to figure out what money I am talking about. So I decided to hit the Goodwill right in Santa Clara, which is about two miles (everything here is between 2 and 7 miles away: If I were a good person, I would walk or bike that, but I am not a good person).

So for this mission, I used a satchel I had got on a previous trip. Again, I am trying to be a little more aware of my appearance, and I am guessing that means not using the same neoprene ballistic handbag that you have been carrying for the last two years, because you can wipe dog slobber off of it. So, remember, we are out of sequence, it is now Thursday, but this is Tuesday. That is the brown Nine West (as opposed to the black) tunic, some Venezia jeans I found in the suckiest Goodwill in the area. Even the sucky places can surprise you. Venezia are not quite as good a cut for me as Coldwater creek. I also wore a pair of brown suede loafers I have had for years.

As I said, I also brought a new (for me) hand bag, a Wilson's black leather satchel, listed on their site for 120 (not on sale, I think it was on sale for 80), and I paid 15. It looks brand new. I had to stuff it with tissue paper for a couple of weeks, because it had obviously been flattened behind something in someone's closet, but it is a gorgeous bag.

I went really looking for tops this time. I am pretty set for skirts and jeans, unless something just screams to me. Well, I found a couple of cute tops, and a really nice long grey draped sweater, missing the belt, but the loop holes were threads, so I could cut them. I got up to the register, and couldn't find my wallet. Gah! Where was my wallet! I had switched everything else into the new bag (phone, comb, pen, shopping bag, etc.)! So I apologized, and left the stuff behind. I got home, and it was on my computer. Duh, I had activated a new ATM the prior night, and my insomnia made me space on putting it back in my purse.



So I was annoyed, but fine. Finally at about 2pm, I was able to fall asleep. I woke up with another migraine. That lasted all day Wednesday. I still tried to dress like a reasonable person, although I am clearly deteriorating. That is a black tshirt, with fleece pajama bottoms, and Eggplant heathered draped cardigan. I was cold, which is common with migraine. DH was running around nude most of the evening.



So I debated whether to post this next picture or not. It is of me today, after several days of migraines (with some few hour breaks), and still feeling lousy. I wasn't head-achey when the pic was taken, but it is starting up. October and November are traditionally my worst months. I hate it, because no one believes you can really be THAT sick THAT often, but still look totally fine on the days you aren't sick. I do not deny that I am an inherently lazy person, but I am not so lazy that I like to fake migraines.

Anyway. I decided to post it. The whole long argument I am having with myself in my un-posted blog entry is about this kind of self-image issue. This is a way more hard picture for me to post than of one with or without makeup was. This ensemble is Costco tank top avec Costco fleece pants. The hair is done by my bed.



And my husband still loves me. Who knew?

P.S. Freudian tell of the day: I put "Mothers" as one of my tags. I wrote a half sentence about her in this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment