Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's a Charity Thing

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.1




This is D.C., and myself at a fund raising event for the Humane Society of the Silicon Valley. It was held by "It's a Girl Thing," and "Mandarin Chili." There were raffles, and Chinese snacks, and a red velvet cake contest.

I found I am not a huge red velvet cake, fan, however. The Chinese food was good though. And I won a $25 gift certificate to an Afghani restaurant in Campbell. Plus I got to speak with D.C. for a couple of hours. Fun.

So what did I wear? Well, for one thing, I wore makeup.

Here you get a truncated peek at the green empire waist short-sleeved cardigan top I got at Goodwill. I wore that with a cotton a line skirt, with brown on brown polka-dot embossing, and two rows of very tight ruffles, separated by some brown lace: That I got at the Merry Go Round in Menlo Park. That is where I got my green wool looped fabric purse, too.

The brown of the fabric of the skirt had a green under-tone, so it went well. I wore a long pearl and gold bead chain necklace, and brand new Bandolino dance heel height, back leather, mary janes (both GW purchases). My earrings, which were purple shell daisy dangle earrings I bought from IAGT, aren't visible in any of the pictures, but they picked up the purple beading in the green, floral headband I wore. Enica at Eni-thing made the headband herself.

This blurry picture of me on my bed, was my attempt to get the whole outfit. Yes, the room is a mess, and the we took the closet doors off.



Earlier in the day, I went and bought a black and nude Wacoal brand bras. Also some thigh highs, and a bra strap snap-holder.

I stopped at MAC Cosmetics, and got an eyebrow pencil, but found out they didn't carry the glitter I lusted after in the store, so I ordered it online today. It's 3D silver, the same color as NakedJen uses at the fair, and for which I got so many compliments.



NakedJen bought me the eyebrow pencil as well, but I may have ruined it, hmmmm.

I also "snuck" into Lush, where I got more of their awesome AOBF cleanser, a solid hair conditioner, and a facial mask, as well as some samples. A couple of Lush tins, too. The conditioner is unbelievable, and the AOBF cleanser is eerily good, I feel as if I tricked my skin into changing completely, being brain washed by the cleanser. :lol:

Today was a much more casual day. Even though it was Friday, DH was home because of a brief seizure. I went over to the dispensary to get medication for DH and myself, and then while I had planned to go out for sushi, hunger beat me to dinner, so we went to the Country Inn Cafe

so I wore a cerulean v-neck tshirt, and over the tshirt, when it cooled off, I wore a cropped washable shirt-style leaf-green suede jacket. With that, I wore light blue knit capris (pretty ugly ones), abd my less clunky gray birkenstock sandals.



I "pulled it together" with some bracelets, including the one I just got from IAGT, a plain silver bracelet, with sequin bangles, combined with a crystal and a rhinestone one, very sparkly. Not to mention, an inlay pendant by a famous Navajo artist, Jimmy King, Jr., and some silver sunflower earrings.







I also wore a kanazashi hair pin in my braid. Oh, I had it covered. From head. to. toe.

I want to go out tomorrow and do a little thrift shopping. I guess we will have to see how late I sleep, she said at 4:15AM.

The other news of the day is that my application is off to Oaksterdam University, the cannabis industry trade school founded in Oakland, CA. I am doing that the weekend of 11/13/10, I am so looking forward to it.

Other than that, I am spinning my wheels. I would love to get a good hypo-manic wing under my sails, so that I would start cleaning, but if I could control my moods so easily, I wouldn't be medically ill, correct?

The week long blog discussion of makeup opened up an approach or me. Writing about this sort of topic is much more soothing than the sturm und drang that is my standard weltschmertz. Appearances have been on my mind. Physical, social, psychological, etc. I think this is the approach I am taking. What does normal look like?

This is something I have spent my entire life trying to figure out, aided merely by the clearly questionable information I receive from my "elders" and "betters."

Maybe a thrift shop habit will be therapeutic. It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment